Wednesday 7 May 2014

Exhausted and its only 7th May!!

Hi everyone,
As I slump over my keyboard I wonder when will this exhaustion ever end! But I know if I think like this I'll never be able to put one foot out in front of the other both physically and metaphorically.[Now there's a big word for me today lol]. My head feel like its stuffed with cotton wool and nothing else, my body feels like its been run over by a bus and my core temperature is fluctuating from one extreme to the other.
The only way I can deal with a day like this is to split it into 3 shifts; Morning, Afternoon, Night. Then I split my shifts into hours and then half hours. So I only need to get through the next half hour, if I make that then I'll handle the next one. And so by the end of the day I'll realise I made it and well done me !!!All of this is done mentally of course to help me cope with this Chronic illness.
I knew that going out Monday would wreck me but really why do we have to pay for having a family day out.?? While that has wrecked me then we got the news yesterday that my hubby isn't allowed to drive due to a diagnosis of OSA Obstructive Sleep Apnoea until he starts treatment; which is who knows when? So stress has impacted me physically. I wish my body wouldn't do that. [rant over]
So far in terms of awareness May is going well, I started posting an image with words on it and a comment on my Facebook page everyday and on my support group page. Delighted with the response in general. But the greater thing is I know that a lot of non-sufferers are reading it on my profile and that's a success in itself!!
Its so good to see awareness plastered all over social media and so may it continue. On the 12th May people will not escape awareness, between thunderclaps on facebook, twitter etc, Blog bombs, image sharing, status sharing and the list goes on.
I'm glad to be part of this,,it makes days like this better knowing that we are fighting a battle to make the world see we are not invisible!!
Stay tuned for more posts soon. xx Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment