Thursday 14 July 2016

Lies, its all lies

I'm reading a book at the moment called Lies Women Believe (And the truth that sets them free) by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. (Thankyou to a good friend who introduced me to this book) As I journey through the book I am amazed at the insight from God the writer has and the honesty with which she writes.
I am reminded about how far short I fall in terms of repenting from my sin and seeking God's forgiveness and grace through his son Jesus Christ. Then I wonder why I struggle with so much but particularly at the moment I'm struggling with my own lack of worthiness. But if I'm not spending time with Someone who deems me worthy, how can I expect to be a confident child of God. I mean really, what do I expect??!!
I really need to read His Word, and focus on scripture that lifts me closer to God. Simples!!
I came across Psalm 147: 10 & 11 today and it was perfect for what I needed to hear from God.

10 He does not delight in the strength of the horse;
He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man.
11 The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him,
In those who hope in His mercy.

  How often I can compare myself to others; how often I find so much fault in myself, I'm not a good Mum or such and such is a better Mum than me, and especially at the moment such is such is a better writer than me, such and such is a better Christian than me. And the list goes on and I hate that I have a list of this kind at all. Stop!! Wait a minute!! God doesnt expect me to have a list like that where I'm comparing myself to others. 'He does not delight in' outward appearances, all He is concerned about is where my heart lies, do I 'fear Him' and 'hope in His mercy'. God does not compare me to others, His main concern is that I have accepted His Mediator, Jesus Christ in my heart which was what happened when I became a Christian at 15 which is 26 years ago (Wow). In all those years God has taught me so much and re-taught me so much and for that I am in awe of how graciously He deals with me daily.
Let us not forget that He takes pleasure in our hearts, hearts that have committed to following Jesus and daily we need to be pouring out ourselves to Him (giving Him our all).

Think About;

Am I struggling through today in my own stength or in God's?
Do I truly believe in Jesus as my Lord & Saviour?
What do I need to leave in God's hands today? What do I need to repent of?
 





No comments:

Post a Comment